Propolis is a substance that is bitter in taste but has a pleasant smell. It is a product of beekeeping, which after the extraction of honey is extracted from the hives. The main purpose of propolis for bees is the destruction of bacteria in their homes. Similarly, it acts in the body. The healing properties of this substance have been known since ancient times, and their scientific confirmation was obtained in the middle of the twentieth century. Similarly to honey, propolis can be used both inside and outside. Due to its multifaceted action, it is the main component of many recipes of folk medicine.
Propolis tincture, the instruction to which lists the indications for use, is used for:
- damage to the skin and mucous (superficial);
- Ear inflammation;
This remedy has a wide spectrum of action:
- Wound healing;
The drug restores the body's defenses and stimulates tissue repair.
Propolis tincture, the instruction on its application describes its composition, is made on 80% ethyl alcohol. Tincture is the most common form of release of this substance. Pharmaceutical industry is produced and tincture-spray. This agent contains less alcohol and is used to treat the oral cavity. Tincture of propolis is an effective drug for toothaches, stomatitis, tonsillitis and SARS.
Propolis tincture, the instruction on which application warns of side effects, can cause a strong allergic reaction. Therefore, it should be used with great care, starting with small doses. If skin redness, weakness, fever or rash appear, treatment with this drug should be stopped, as it can lead to laryngeal edema or anaphylactic shock. It is necessary to remember about the ability of tincture of propolis to decrease immunity and increase of leukocytes in the blood when taking higher doses.
The recommended rate of use for various diseases:
1. For colds, the dosage for children is 5-7 drops, for adults - from ten to fifteen drops. In this case, the drug is preferably washed with milk or water.
2. In the treatment of angina, alcoholic tincture is used as a means for rinsing the throat. Dilute it with 100 grams of warm water at a dosage of 5 ml for children and 10 ml for adults.
3. In chronic colitis, 40 drops of the drug mixed with a glass of warm drinking water or milk are consumed. This mixture is taken 3 times a day before meals for 20-30 days.
4. In the treatment of acute inflammation of the middle ear, gauze tampons, moistened in tincture, are placed in the ear canal. When instilled, the dosage is 3 drops three times a day.
Propolis tincture, the instruction to which describes the ways of using this tool, is used to treat various diseases. The most common are the following methods:
1. Apply on the wounds wetted in the preparation of a swab from one to three times a day.
2. When otitis enter a soaked in tincture cotton ball for a couple of minutes, or instill in the ear one to two drops 3-4 times during the day.
3. In chronic sinusitis, tincture of propolis, rinsing which is carried out for two weeks, is mixed in a proportion of one to ten with a solution of sodium chloride.
4. In the treatment of periodontitis, gauze tampons soaked in the preparation should be placed for five minutes in the area between the root of the tooth and the tissues that surround it.
5. For the treatment of wounds in the mouth, 15 ml of tincture diluted in 100 grams of water, use in the form of a rinse solution for 4-5 times for three (four) days.
6. With tonsil diseases lubricate them with the drug 1-2 times during the week.
Has a tincture of propolis contraindications. These include eczema and increased susceptibility to this drug.