Hotel Mahdia, Tunisia. Mahdia Palace Thalasso 5 *: description, reviews
Mahdia is a relatively young resort in Tunisia, which has already gained popularity among lovers of quiet rest. Besides a pleasant pastime on the beach, tourists can visit the numerous thalassotherapy centers. They offer wellness treatments for face and body, bathing in healthy sea water and mud packs. Stopping here, travelers often choose the hotel Mahdia Palace. But does the price match the quality of service?
This resort is famous for the fact that here are the best hotels in Tunisia. Mahdia 5-star complexes with the best health centers, high quality of service, deserted and snow-white beaches abound. This place is for lovers of a secluded and peaceful holiday. All hotels here are located on the first beach line. To get to the central part of the city, tourists will have to travel 3 km. You can do it on a special train that runs from the coast to the center, or by ordering a taxi.
Hotel Mahdia (Tunisia) is built right on the beach, so guests do not have to spend much time on the road to it. The private plot of the sea is 100 meters from the main entrance to the hotel. The road to it will take less than 5 minutes. You can arrive at the complex from the nearest airport of Monastir (55 km). For tourists, a toll shuttle is arranged in both directions. The main attraction of Tunisia, the Coliseum in El Jem, is 35 km from the hotel.
Briefly about the important
Like other resort hotels, the tourist complex Mahdia Palace Thalasso 5 * was built relatively recently. For guests, he opened his doors in 1996. The hotel occupies a vast territory, the area of which is 60 000 square meters. M. In the center of the complex is the main building of the hotel, built in Arabic style. This five-storey building has about 350 rooms. At the main entrance to the hotel there is an outdoor swimming pool, which is surrounded by a well-kept garden. Here is a palm grove that leads to the beach.
The hotel is equipped with all amenities for tourists who are forced to travel in a wheelchair. For guests with children there are good discounts for accommodation. And the settlement with animals here is strictly prohibited. The hotel staff does not speak Russian, but knows English and French perfectly. It is better to come here in summer and in autumn. At this time the resort is the hottest weather, and the sea warms the most.
Number of rooms
For tourists who come to rest in Tunisia, the hotel "Talassa Mahdia" has prepared 336 rooms. Some of them are intended for guests with disabilities. There are in the complex and connecting rooms connected by a door. They can accommodate large families or friendly youth companies. All apartments have their own balcony, some of which have a marvelous view of the sea. On the ground floor the rooms are equipped with terraces, surrounded by palm trees and shrubs. All rooms are cleaned daily. Towels in the bathroom are changed every day.
The design of the rooms at Mahdia Palace Thalasso 5 * skillfully combines classical and Arabic styles. Luxury and novelty of registration will be appreciated even by the most fastidious tourists. The apartments are complemented by coffee tables, chairs, bedside tables. On the walls hang graceful lamps. The room is decorated with thick curtains and paintings painted in traditional oriental style. The last renovation here was completed in 2010.
Room equipment is a significant factor in the evaluation of hotels. The rating of hotels depends on it. "Mahdia" (Tunisia) cares about its reputation, so every room here is equipped according to the highest class. Tourists can appreciate the level of the hotel using the following facilities:
- Separated WC. The bathroom is equipped with modern fixtures. There is a washbasin, a mirror for shaving or make-up, toiletries, a hairdryer. Complimentary slippers and bathrobes are provided.
- Central air conditioning, which maintains a comfortable temperature for living. Moreover, tourists can regulate it at will.
- Mini bar. Hotel Mahdia Palace (Tunisia) provides it free of charge, but for its content you will have to pay separately.
- TV and radio. Each room has satellite channels, among which there are several Russian-speaking.
- Phone. Used for communication with the hotel staff or for private calls, which are paid separately.
- A plastic card that replaces traditional keys from the room. With its help you can quickly open and close the entrance doors.
- Safe for storing valuables. Use of it is included in the price.
Tourists who have settled in the hotel "Mahdia" (Tunisia), can count on a high level of service. For comfortable rest of the guests on the territory of the complex the following infrastructure facilities operate:
- Business center. There is a conference hall for 900 people and equipped with high-quality equipment. There is also a negotiation room, which businessmen can use.
- Shops selling clothes, shoes, jewelry, food, drinks, press and souvenirs.
- A 24-hour cash machine from which you can withdraw money without a large commission. There is also a currency exchange office.
- The library, which also hosts an internet cafe.
- Luggage storage located at the reception. There is also a safe, which is free of charge.
- Dry cleaning and laundry. Car parking. There is a paid rental machine.
- Paid wifi throughout the hotel.
Organization of entertainment
A lot of entertainment is offered to travelers in Tunisia. Hotel "Talassa Mahdia" was no exception. For his guests, he prepared a lot of entertainment facilities. The main ones are:
- Several pools: open, closed and with sea water.
- For tourists free of charge are available sunbeds, umbrellas and towels.
- Private beach (400 meters). Here you can play free of charge in water polo or volleyball. Tourists can dive, surf and parasail, as well as ride a catamaran, canoe or hydroscout.
- Thalassotherapy center. Not for nothing that the hotel is considered one of the best complexes that provide health services. Holidaymakers can visit the Turkish bath, massage, mud wraps, sauna. There is a hairdresser. For an additional fee, the doctor offers his services.
- Day and evening animation programs. The staff conducts entertainment shows, quizzes and contests for tourists.
- Nightclub, in which discos are held regularly. Sometimes they play live music.
- Automatic machines for fans of gambling.
- Gym. Instructors conduct classes in aerobics and fitness.
- Links. Also, beginners can attend training sessions.
- Organization of excursions to the most famous monuments of Tunisia.
- Billiard room.
- Lessons from archery.
- Tennis courts, a field for football, basketball court.
Food, bars and restaurants
A variety of food offers for tourists Tunisia (Mahdia). Hotels ("all inclusive") impress travelers with oriental cuisine and sea delicacies. The hotel does not depart from these traditions. The hotel has an ultra all inclusive system. For the guests there is breakfast, dinner and lunch in the main restaurant, local and imported spirits, snacks and desserts. The following restaurants and bars are open daily at the complex:
- Main restaurant. Meals are served on the buffet. A special feature of this place is a strict dress code. For example, men are allowed into the hall only in trousers. It serves European and local cuisine.
- Restaurant "Andalusia", which serves on the menu. By appointment, vacationers can visit this place for free once. It offers guests Tunisian cuisine, as well as various pizzas, prepared according to the Italian recipe.
- A barbecue restaurant where you can taste fish and grilled meat.
- Moorish cafe. Beverages are served (tea, coffee, milk, juices and mineral water) and light snacks (snacks, pastries, desserts and fruits).
- Pool bar. Specializes in soft drinks and refreshing cocktails.
- Lobby bar.
- American bar.
- Discobar in the nightclub.
Vacation with children
Hotel Mahdia (Tunisia) is located in a quiet place, which is perfect for families with children. For babies, a cot is provided in the room upon request. All restaurants are equipped with high chairs for comfortable feeding. Accommodation of children under 2 years old is free of charge. Children between the ages of two and twelve get a discount on accommodation.
There is a lot of entertainment for children. For children older than five years, a mini-club operates, where they can do drawing, reading books, participate in developing games and competitions. There is also a children's pool on site. The playground is open in the fresh air.
Positive opinions of hotel guests
Travelers who visited the hotel "Mahdia Palace Thalasso 5 *" (Tunisia), reviews leave positive. They note the following advantages of the complex:
- Unobtrusive animation. Animators do not let tourists get bored, call them to play volleyball, hold shows and competitions.
- Very tasty food with a great selection of meat. Beef, chicken, lamb, and many kinds of fish are served. At lunch and dinner, a nice beer and wine is served.
- Employees of the complex do not allow strangers to enter the beach, especially sellers and tour organizers.
- The sea is always quiet, clean. There are always free sunbeds.
- Large pool with different depths. You can swim freely, there is enough space for all tourists.
- The restaurant has a chocolate fountain, which the children liked very much.
- Quality services are provided by the thalassotherapy center. Each tourist is selected an individual program for the entire vacation.
Negative views of hotel guests
But tourists are not always satisfied with the service offered by the hotel "Mahdia Palace Thalasso 5 *" (Tunisia). Reviews sometimes are negative. They point to the following shortcomings of the hotel:
- Dirty dishes in the restaurant. Some guests even saw several cockroaches.
- Bad cleaning in the rooms. From the cupboard it smells like mold.
- When tourists leave the room, electricity is turned off. Therefore, it is impossible to charge phones and laptops at this time.
- Spicy food.
- Some employees disdain for Russian tourists.
Conclusions about the hotel
Thus, the hotel "Mahdia" (Tunisia) can be advised to people who like a measured rest. This place is perfect for elderly people, couples with children, businessmen and business people. Because of the lack of a large number of active entertainment and nightclubs of young people here will be boring. For demanding customers wishing to receive the highest quality of service, this hotel will be a wonderful find.